Thursday, January 3, 2008

Still locking it!

So yesterday was my official breakthrough day for standing bow, when I locked out the kicking leg on both sides. I didn't consider it official until today, though, when I repeated this feat in the 3pm class. I had been kinda scared that it was a fluke and would never happen again!! But nope - I still had it today, which I think means it will probably stick around. YAY!!

I love having breakthroughs - they are so satisfying. I was talking to one of my yoga friends tonight who says that she gets chills every time something like that happens to her. I am pretty different - I think I always end up having my breakthroughs when I am really relaxed in class and not THINKING too hard, so then when something new does happen, it just comes really easily and unexpectedly, and I'm like "oh - wow - so that's what this pose feels like - this is pretty cool." I get much more excited AFTER class ends when my brain catches up to my body and I realize that I've done something extremely cool!

I was kinda sore today tho. My quads were really sore, which is unusual, but since those are the "LOCK THE KNEE"muscles I took that soreness as a very positive sign.

Heard something about Craig coming to give a posture clinic - in like 9 days from now!! Craziness abounds!! They haven't yet figured out what to do about work-study's like me, since they want to give priority to paying students, but honestly I'd like to see them keep me out. I just can't imagine they would have it in them to do that! If they don't let me sign up I will still totally show up with cash in hand and stand outside the door crying the whole day, and then Craig will be all like "what's wrong with that girl? you guys have a weird studio, I'm not coming back here anymore" and then they'll have to let me in so they don't look really bad. It's a foolproof plan. :-P

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi!
Wish you were writing still - Love that I found your blog of the exact same reason you stated in your opening blog.
Sincerely,
Sara Culler
(http://saraculler.webblogg.se)