Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Emotional Illusions

So here's the state of my week: I'm being moderately pressured to produce results on three completely separate research projects, I have a lab project to finish and a paper to write in the next week, I have a midterm exam in a couple days for the class that has been killing me this quarter, I'm hitting the espresso again like it's my job, and I didn't even go to yoga yesterday.  (Yes, even I miss days.)  Oh yeah, and the hills on the edge of my town are on fire.  Again.

Came home to my apartment after a long day's work, changed from jeans and tee into my favorite sundress, grabbed my mat, and practiced the 6:30 class.

Class was fine.  Not awful, not brilliant, not unusual.  It was class.

Left class, turned on a great CD, rolled down the car windows to feel the warm night air, stopped at the grocery store for spinach and mango juice, and drove home with the inexplicable but powerful feeling that there could be absolutely nothing wrong, anywhere in the world.

Re-energize, revitalize, reorganize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my goodness, J. In sync indeed! Even on opposite coasts! :)

bikramyogachick said...

Ah yes, that feeling after class, windows rolled down, music playing. I hope to recapture that tonight! I can smell the cool night air reading your post! Can't wait! Good luck on all of your projects.