Saturday, September 5, 2009

The great outdoors!

Went hiking with my sister this afternoon.  Yay!  I like the outdoors!!  It really is very pretty around here.

Hiking is one of those things that makes me appreciate how well yoga works as total body conditioning.  Cause outside of yoga, I spend 90% of my time sitting on my butt at a desk or in a lab.  But when I decided to get up and go climb a mountain for a few hours, my body is SO ready for it!  I've got aerobic stamina and everything.  I wouldn't quite say I'm in the best shape of my life, but I feel pretty freaking good.

Also - took fun pictures!  Whee!!  My sister likes playing with her camera, and I like playing with yoga.  Good combination.

Great shot....

Wheee!

Some people left a heart on top of the mountain...

Under the electrical tower!  Feeling clever, I guess.  :)

5 comments:

Mei said...

Pretty piccies!

BTW, LOVING your backbend!

thedancingj said...

Thanks, doll!! There are a couple more on FB, too. I think the backbend may actually be improving a bit... hooray!

Me said...

What a beautiful Natarajasana!

thedancingj said...

Haha thanks. It felt like such a gimpy attempt - my back was like, um, you want to do WHAT right now!? But camera is far enough away that it looks alright to me!

bikramyogachick said...

awesome pics! Thanks for sharin' (saw the facebook ones too)
:)