Thursday, April 15, 2010

Holy CRAP!

WOW.  This week has FLOWN.

I've been having all these great ideas for these big long eloquent pre-teacher training blog posts that I wanted to write, but guess what?  Time's up!  Ding ding ding!  My suitcases are packed and loaded into the car, and I'm hitting the road at 7am tomorrow.  Today.  In 5 1/2 hours.  Whatever.

I've been so impatient all week - I do NOT want to pack right now, I want to ARRIVE!  Let's get this fucking show on the road!!!

Well, now it is finally time to hit the road.  I don't think I've laid out my plans here yet, so here they are.  I'm driving out to Death Valley National Park tomorrow morning with my sister and my other California roommate.  We're aiming to get there just after lunch tomorrow, and then we'll camp there Thursday and Friday nights.  Hooray!!  I love that place so much.  Then after this nice desert retreat, we're heading into Vegas on Saturday morning and crashing with the fantastic bikramyogachick, who lives 30 minutes from the Hilton where I'll be staying.  We'll tear up the town on Saturday night (read as: we'll walk down the strip, maybe see a free magic show or something, and then pass out at 10pm), and then we'll drive over to the hotel on Sunday morning.  There I will meet up with my teacher training roomie (I can't wait to meet you Anna!!) and another great girl who practices at my hometown studio (Northampton represent!!)  We will use my car to make an early morning run to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and then the Cali girls will head home (driving my car, because I'm a very generous person who lets her sister use the car for 9 weeks), the Vegas girls will try to shove all their fresh produce into their mini-fridges, and then at 3pm, teacher training orientation BEGINS.

And then that will be THAT!

I just can't believe this is IT.  It feels totally weird, and nothing this month has been the way I imagined it would be, and that's all totally fine, because in a few days I will be checking into teacher training, and 9 weeks after that I will come out as a teacher.  Amazing.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Too late to be eloquent.  This is probably a pretty accurate representation of my state of mind, at any rate.

And this is my last chance to sleep in my own bed for a couple months, so I guess I'd better get to it!  Next time I write, it will be from Vegas... :)

No comments: